MV Transportation Automotive Technicians in Anchorage, Alaska
MV Transportation is seeking skilled Automotive Technicians to perform routine maintenance and repairs on paratransit fleet vehicles. Technicians must be able to work on the entire vehicle and able to self-motivate. This position will report to the Fleet Maintenance Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete routine vehicle preventive maintenance, to include all systems tested for proper operation, chassis and engine lubrication, brake inspections, accessory and ADA equipment, tune-ups and testing.
- Maintains, adjusts, and/or repairs all vehicle systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, steering and suspension, and air conditioning systems to ensure safe operation.
- Diagnoses vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, alternators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, radiators, injectors, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle systems.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Must have minimum of at least three (3) years of experience in automotive mechanics, which may include high school mechanics courses and/or a regional occupational program to be considered for any position.
- Ideal candidates will possess ASE certifications, but are not required.
- Have own tools.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Must be willing to work all shifts (day & evening).
- Must have a current driver's license with a clean record and must be able to pass the DOT Physical and drug screen.
Questions Please contact Stewart Nagel at 907-343-2581
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Anchorage, AK
Job Type: Automotive, General Labor, Installation - Maint - Repair
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 14/5/2018