HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CNA/ Patient Sitter Full-time Days in Anchorage, Alaska
Alaska Regional Hospital consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. To achieve this level of high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians, to clinical specialists, and support staff. Anchorage is a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to have fun. Alaska boasts some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world and draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home. Alaskans enjoy all the amenities of an urban lifestyle that includes performing arts, museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine dining only minutes from the great outdoors. You can enjoy golfing under the midnight sun, hiking, biking, fishing, skiing and other popular outdoor activities a short distance from home.
Registry(Float Pool) C.N.A/ Patient Sitter: Assists acutely ill patients with activities of daily living, and assists in maintenance of a safe, clean and age appropriate environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Provides care to meet the patient/family's, physical, psychological, spiritual, social, and cultural needs with the RN/LPN's assistance. Performs as directed those tasks, which will assist the RN, or LPN, in providing patient care based upon the Department's standard of practice and standard of care and within the scope of the State Nurse Practice Act. Performs general clerical duties accurately and thoroughly in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
Work as needed including rotating weekends. The positon will float to multiple units within the hospital to support the nursing staff needs.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- State of Alaska CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) Certification required
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider with the American Heart Association required
- Prefer six months of CNA experience in acute care setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: CNA/ Patient Sitter Full-time Days
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-5602