The Salvation Army Food Service in Anchorage, Alaska
05090 KitchenAide 04.07.18
Part-Time KITCHEN AIDE
Older Alaskans Program (OAP)
The Salvation Army’s Older Alaskans Program (OAP) is seeking a part-time KITCHEN AIDE to assist in the preparation and serving of planned meals for McKinnell House and the OAP nutrition services.
This is a part time position, 24 hours per week -- Starting pay is $9.84 per hour.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE but are not limited to:
• Assist, as directed, in the preparation of foods, hot or cold, in a timely fashion according to pre-planned menu cycles
• Assist in serving meals and dishing out the Meals-on-Wheels containers
• Ensure dining area supplies are stocked and the beverage stations are maintained according to dietary standards
• Assure all foods are stored in a safe and sanitary manner, to include dating and labeling usable food items for future use
• Wash pots and pans; operate commercial dishwasher; clean and sanitize equipment as assigned; sweep and mop floors; and keep entire area neat and clean
• High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) year experience working in a food service setting
• Ability to: follow directions; work with others; manage time effectively; and operate kitchen equipment
• Ability to maintain accurate records and reports
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, to meet department demands
• Current food handler’s card OR willingness and ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
• Reliable attendance and means of getting to the workplace on time
This posting should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this
QUESTIONS: Contact Terry Chubin or William Goss at 907-375-3554
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete job applications entirely. Incomplete job applications cannot be accepted.
To apply on-line . . . click on the “Apply On-line” blue text in lower right corner of this page.
To apply in person . . . go to The Salvation Army, 143 E. 9th Avenue, Anchorage AK 99501. Please bring resume, cover letter, and complete the application provided to you.
To request hard-copy application . . . send email to: AK.HR@usw.salvationarmy.org
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 907-339-3436.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41