Waste Management Heavy Equipment Operator (CDL Required) - Anchorage, AK in ANCHORAGE, Alaska
Title: Heavy Equipment Operator (CDL Required) - Anchorage, AK
Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Job Number: 18002823
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Operates a wide variety of heavy equipments vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of materials at customer site (refinery).
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates heavy equipments in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
- Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
- Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
- Operating box truck; Moving drums
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for operating and maintaining vehicle
- Performs various labor intensive duties (cleaning, moving bins, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Class A or B CDL required
- Hazmat endorsement required
- Experience operating heavy equipmen
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Willingness to perform various labor intensive tasks such as cleaning, moving drums, etc.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is heavy industrial.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Labor General/Skilled/Trade