Alsco Maintenance Technician in Anchorage, Alaska
Job Summary The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining large industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Tasks include start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and operating boilers, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, and other systems. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on industrial processing equipment, water levels, water systems and other equipment and systems.
Troubleshoots electrical issues.
Responds to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to minimize equipment downtime.
Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes.
Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications. Remains current on equipment and repair procedures and best practices.
Studies blueprints and manufacturers’ manuals to determine correct operation of machinery.
Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
Maintains accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety violations.
Minimum of two years maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler applications.
Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3 phase 230 volt systems.
PLC programming experience.
Experience in carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time management
Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement. Education
High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
Some locations may require relevant certifications, a boiler license or PLC programming. Typical Physical Activity
Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, kneeling, working in confined areas, reaching overhead, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs, reading, writing, speaking, hearing.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint and dust, in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Occasionally, such as to procure parts.
The Maintenance Technician must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 715 West Fireweed Lane Anchorage, AK
Job Type: Maintenance
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 6/5/2018