General Electric Operations Manager (Artificial Lift Systems) – Anchorage, AK in ANCHORAGE, Alaska
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Operations Manager (Artificial Lift Systems) in Anchorage, AK.
· Accountable for revenue, margin, sales planning, execution & personnel
· Day to day focus to include safe operations, DOT and safety compliance, product and service delivery/execution, billing, inventory and facility management
· Demonstrates externally and internally, comprehensive, specialized knowledge of company's Artificial Lift products and services, customer requirements and competitive market, along with an understanding of external and internal decision networks
· Develops, communicates, implements and monitors sales strategies that contribute towards the growth of the district. Build and maintain an evergreen list of customer growth targets resulting in new opportunities for revenue growth. Proactively monitors and manages outcomes versus expectations
· Coordinate, manage and monitor activities related to safety and service execution, including cost/budget compliance, inventory and resource allocation
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Drive profitable growth within the district while improving operational efficiencies. Monitor financial data to improve profitability.
· Manage employee performance, development and training
· Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Support organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
· Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
· Strategic development - Lead in the development of strategic sales plans. Implement and manage operational plans
· Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes, a GE company Health Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes, a GE company Core Values
· Handle additional responsibilities as required for the role
· 7+ years of experience in oil and gas, with at least 3 years in operations management
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Consideration will be given to College graduates with Bachelor degree combined with minimum 5 years of experience in the O&G sector
· Proven track record in organizational effectiveness and operations management
· Strong sales and negotiations acumen
· Thorough knowledge of Artificial Lift and its customer base and decision criteria
· Exceptional team building – interpersonal skills
· Has an ability to develop, prepare and deliver complex business proposals and clearly articulate value
· Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel
· Does not accept the status quo and constantly looks for ways to improve
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Planning and organizing
· Translates strategy into specific objectives, metrics, and action plans with clear accountabilities
· Is flexible, adaptable, and works effectively through change
· Equally effective in leading growth, downturns, start-ups and turnarounds
· Account management/sales experience
· Major client experience with proven performance management
· Proven value-added business acumen
· In-depth knowledge of Artificial Lift sales and operations
· Advanced MS Office skills, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· This is an operations role and will be required to be on call 24/7
· Experience with other forms of ALS (Downhole Pumps, Surface Pumping units, PCP, Gas Lift, HPump)
· Experience in multiple market segments (Deepwater, Conventional, Unconventional, Heavy Oil, Water Production)
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Alaska; ANCHORAGE
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.