Municipality of Anchorage SEASONAL DAY CAMP MANAGER (Asst Recreation Center Manager) - RECALL - Range 10 / AME (2 Vacancies) in Anchorage, Alaska
SEASONAL DAY CAMP MANAGER (Asst Recreation Center Manager) - RECALL - Range 10 / AME (2 Vacancies)
Sun. 04/22/18 5:00 PM Alaska Time
$21.08 - $24.33 Hourly
Seasonal / Full Time
12001 Business Blvd., Ste. 123, Eagle River, Alaska
Parks and Recreation
Print Job Information |
Open to the general public and any current Municipal employee.
These positions are represented by the Anchorage Municipal Employee Association (AMEA) and are subject to the provisions of the current agreement between the Municipality of Anchorage and the AMEA. If the person selected is not affiliated with the Anchorage Municipal Employees Association, he or she must become a member in good standing within thirty-one (31) days of beginning work.
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation; Eagle River Division
HOURS OF WORK: Up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (Hours vary according to program needs.)
LOCATION OF WORK: 12001 Business Blvd., Suite 123, Eagle River, AK
These Seasonal, Full-Time positions have a start date of May 7, 2018 and end date of August 13, 2018.
Example of Duties:
Assist in coordination and operation of the summer youth programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: provide lead direction for staff; plan and implement overall camp programs; schedule field trips, special events and activities; complete paperwork such as monthly reports, summer evaluation reports, statistical reports, memos, time cards, and other forms; collects and deposits program fees. Ensure that licensed programs remain in compliance with MOA Daycare licensing code. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications / Substitutions / Preferences:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and three (3) years of experience in facilitation of a recreational program.
Associates Degree in Physical Education, Recreational Sports, or a related discipline and one (1) year of experience in facilitation of a recreational program.
Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Recreational Sports, or a related discipline and experience in facilitation of a recreational program.
Must meet the following specific requirements within the prescribed date:
Be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
Possess a valid State of Alaska Driver's License by the time of hire.
Possess a current American Red Cross (or equivalent) First Aid Certification by the time of hire.
Possess a current American Red Cross (or equivalent) Child and Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certifications by the time of hire.
Prefer applicants with previous experience organizing and leading outdoor and indoor recreation programs and activities.
Additional Important Information:
Preference will be given to returning Seasonal Employees who are eligible for Recall, and to any Anchorage Municipal Employees Association (AMEA) employees. AMEA employees who are successful in the screening process will be forwarded to the department for consideration prior to any non-AMEA applicants.
The Municipality Of Anchorage participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-verify Program. For more information, please go to http://www.uscis.gov/E-verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
If selected for hire, the appointment in this position will be conditional based upon a satisfactory Municipal Employment Office conducted Background Check. A Background Check encompasses criminal history, verifying education, and verifying dates of employment
If selected for hire, appointment in this position will be conditional based upon the submission of a current (dated within 30 days from date requested) copy of the applicant's Alaska Driver's License and a current copy of his/her Department of Motor Vehicle driving record, including a driving record from previous states if the Alaskan Driver's License was first issued within one year prior to application, documenting an acceptable driving history. The processing fee(s) are the responsibility of the selected applicant. For information on acceptable driving history, please refer to the MOA Driving Conviction Guidelines.
If selected for hire, appointment in this position will be conditional based upon the submission/completion of the following employment requirements:
1) A notarized copy of Clearance for Licensing and Release of Information Form (F-ROI 6-8-2010). This form will be provided to the selected applicant.
2) Satisfactory Municipality Of Anchorage Background Check. A Background Check encompasses criminal history, verifying education, and verifying dates of employment.
3) Satisfactory completion of a national criminal background investigation (AS 12.62.160), (AS 12.62.400) and AMC 16.55.250. Applicants will be required to provide certain identification information and be fingerprinted. Fingerprint cards must be dated within 30 days from date requested. The processing fee of $47.00 (State of Alaska fee) plus the cost of being fingerprinted (variable), is the responsibility of the selected applicant and must be accomplished before beginning work. In some cases the processing fee may be reimbursed.
4) Satisfactory completion of a Background Check Program Office (BCPO) with the State of Alaska. Applicants will be required to provide certain identification information and be fingerprinted. The applicant must have provisional clearance through the BCPO system before allowed to be in care of a child.
5) Satisfactory completion of a State of Alaska Troopers Interested Persons Report (IPR). The selected applicant must provide the IPR and it must be dated within three (3) days when requested. The cost of the IPR is the responsibility of the applicant (In some cases the processing fee may be reimbursed).
6) Current copy of the applicant's First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certifications by the time of hire.
7) Four (4) satisfactory references.
8) Following hire, must complete mandatory orientation & training for continued employment (a minimum of 14 hours required).
9) Satisfactory Medical/Physical History (Form will be provided and reviewed by the Employment Office prior to hire).
All required certifications and licenses must remain current for the duration of employment.
Veterans who wish to be considered for interview preference as allowed in the Personnel Rules 3.30.031 D must attach a copy of their DD Form 214 to the application. The DD Form 214 must show an honorable discharge. Minimum Qualifications of the position must be met for preference consideration.
The Municipality of Anchorage is an Employer of National Service. Please be sure to include any volunteer work with AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service programs on your application in the work history portion.
Application Process: Once applicants click on the "Apply" link underneath the header section of a vacancy announcement they will be directed to the www.GovernmentJobs.com website to log into their existing account (or to create an account) of their application profile. Applicants will create or review their profile, make any updates necessary, and submit their application from their personal account. Note: The GovernmentJobs website and applicant's profile accounts are not administered by the Municipality of Anchorage. For technical assistance or customer service regarding an account profile, applicants may contact the GovernmentJobs customer support line at 1-855-524-5627.
For general questions regarding Municipal vacancy announcements or the employment process with the Municipality of Anchorage, applicants may contact the Employee Relations Department at (907) 343-4447 during regular business hours of Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Alaska Standard Time.
The MOA is an EO and AA employer and complies with Title I of the ADA.
For information regarding requests for reasonable accommodations related to employment under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Municipality of Anchorage ADA Coordinator at (907) 343-4571.